Classroom Guides - Infants Room (Oak Creek)
Return to Our Curriculum Main Page
Welcome to the Infants Room
A stimulating, educational, playful environment for your baby!
Hello, my name is Ellisa, but people call me Lisa. I am the assistant teacher in the Infant room. I greatly enjoy snuggling with the babies and helping them progress in all areas of development. I am excited to meet all the new babies starting in the infant classroom.
Hi! My name is Jill. I am one of the teachers in the infant room. I started at Learning Edge in August of 2006. I have a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education. I am CPR, AED, and HeartSaver certified. I have worked with children of all ages, ranging from infants to school-agers for many years. I love working with children and helping them grow and develop.
Hi, I am Ms. Sheila. I have been here at Learning Edge Childcare & Preschool since June of 2004. I have been in childcare since 1988. I have worked with many age groups and enjoy them all, but I especially enjoy working with the infants.
My qualifications include: CDA, Lead and Assistant teacher certifications, CPR/AED & First Aid, various early childhood management courses.
What to Bring
Please make sure your child has:
- A photo for his/her emergency card
- Two complete changes of seasonally appropriate clothing
- Diapering supplies, including diapers, wipes, and ointment - we have storage space for lots of extras!
- A pacifier, if needed
- Security Item, if needed
- Pre-made formula or breast milk bottles, or pre-measured formula and water-filled bottles
- Seasonally appropriate outerwear in case of walks — please include a hat!
- Shoes, if moving around on the floor
- For summer: Sunscreen and bug spray, if desired
We provide blankets, sheets, bibs, burp cloths, and toys, so there is no need to bring these items.
You are certainly welcome to bring a special light-weight (receiving) blanket or small security item from home to keep your baby company!
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME OR INITIALS!!
Our Daily Activities
While your child is in the Infant Room, he will be on his own schedule: Bottles as needed, naps as needed. We run on baby time!
We will work with your child as he moves toward greater independence, working on rolling, sitting, and eventually crawling. Tummy-time is a common sight in the Infant Room!
Artwork is done between feeding and naps. We go outside on walks as often as weather permits. While Learning Edge infants are inside, we like to sing songs, watch bubbles, talk, cuddle, and of course, play together!
Birth to One Month:
Two to Three Months:
- Keeps hands in fists
- Startles to loud noises
- Moves head from side to side when on stomach
- Regards faces
Four to Five Months:
- Raises chest and head when on belly
- Hold and shakes rattle
- Baby coos and makes vowel sounds
- Brings hands to mouth
- Reaches at objects / more coordinated movements
- Recognizes familiar faces
- Social smile, more facial expressions
- Turns head toward sounds
Six to Eight Months:
- Laughs and squeals
- Sits and holds head steady
- Rolls from belly to back
- Babbles (for example, "bah, bah, bah")
- Can sit without assistance
- Stands while hands are held
- Begins to scoot then crawl
- Baby begins to feed self
- Transfers objects from hand to hand